1. I understand that all weight loss sessions, whether in-person or via phone/tele-visit are considered a scheduled appointment time. I am aware that if I cannot make my scheduled appointment, it is my responsibility to call and cancel or reschedule. Patients should call the clinic if an appointment must be canceled or rescheduled at least 1 full business day prior to scheduled appointment.
2. As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during my calls, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
3. I understand that weight loss program is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life. Utilizing a whole person approach may include discussing subjects such as work, finances, health, relationships, education, spiritual and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to discuss these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas if needed, and implement my choices is exclusively my choice and personal responsibility.
4. I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is NOT a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment. I further agree that I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
5. I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with the mental health care provider regarding the advisability of working with a health coach.
6. I understand that my information will be held as confidential and only shared as needed between health coach and provider for best health outcomes, unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
7. I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.